Sunday, December 6, 2009

and life goes on...

sorry! the last two months have completely gotten away from me. i did totally intend to sit down and write these past several weeks, but always something came up. i was either grounded or busy... funny how these things seem to happen.
anyways, update in my life. well... huh... it seems nothing really monumental has happened to me in the past few months. how unfortunate.
OH WAIT! i turned 16 last weekend! can't believe i spaced on that. i must say, it wasn't the most exciting birthday. i spent the week before feeling really sick, and after about nine straight days of a fever, i got some blood work done which showed i have mono. i've had several friends who have found it there responsibility to point out the karmic significance; YES, i do realize the humor in the fact that now that i am sixteen, i am infectious and cannot kiss anyone for FOUR MONTHS. don't worry. it's a thought that has occured to me SEVERAL TIMES.
so basically, i've spent the past two weeks at home, laying on the couch. i can now empathize with the elderly; i understand just how much energy it takes to climb a set of stairs. by the time i get to the top, i'm out of breath, and when i had to walk down the street to go pick up my sister after my mom sprained her ankle, i was on the verge of passing out.
however, it's gotten a bit better. last night, my best friend rachel and i went with my family to a neighborhood christmas party. we weren't expecting much--we've lived here long enough to know there's really no cute guys in our area--but lo, and behold, one of the neighborhood boys brought his hot friend and his EXTREMELY hot cousin. oh, it was a fun night (; don't worry. kiss free for four months. nothing happened. but it was a lot of fun just to hang out with some guys without stressing that my parents would freak about a double date and us being paired off because I'M NOW SIXTEEN AND THAT IS LEGAL, thank you very much!
unfortunately, the cute cousin, who i got to talk to, lives in virginia beach. mehh. however, he said he was coming down for christmas and maybe we could hang out. fingers crossed! this is one of those times where you really love facebook!
but speaking of boys, i have been officially asked out on my first date! actually, a guy named watts has asked me for several weeks, but after he found out i had mono, he said i would rather wait until i was completely cured. HOW RUDE! well, it pretty much told me what he wanted, and honestly, if he couldn't handle hanging out with me once without any of that stuff, then there's no way we're hanging out after i'm no longer contagious. sucks for him. but anyways, another guy named jamie asked me to go on a little adventure we here in richmond like to call the tacky lights tour, and he said he didn't mind that i had mono. SO THERE. hopefully that will be fun. and i must admit, jamie is nice, and i do really like him as a friend, but i'm kinda glad i have a true and legit excuse to fall back on... i really can't see myself kissing him.
well anyways, i have ward choir tonight at six, and then a general christmas broadcast, so i should probably go. plus, i'd like to update my music on my blog... i have some new songs in mind! so i guess, its time for me to say tata for now! hopefully you'll hear from me again soon! xoxo--sg.

No comments: